BY JENNIFER GUY
Los Alamos Public Schools
Today, Monday, we saw a large increase in the number of reported COVID cases at LAPS. We have also seen an increase in Strep and other respiratory illness. Thank you to all of those who reported the positive tests. It is important that you report any positive COVID cases in your household to your school nurse or through the school absence line. This helps us track illness and keep our community safe.
- If your child is sick, please keep them home and call in to your school attendance line.
- Students and staff who test positive should stay home for 5 days from the positive test or from a clear onset of symptoms.
- They should be 24 hours fever free without fever reducing medication.
- For guidance on COVID, please reach out to your doctor or visit the NMDOH Covid website or the CDC website.
- You can find information on vaccines by talking with your doctor or visiting the Los Alamos County Vaccine Availability website.
- You can order free COVID tests here.
- Remind students to wash their hands frequently.
We had 31 reported COVID cases among students and staff today across the district. The biggest number of cases was 21 at the high school. We will continue to track cases and spread of illness closely. The nurses are logging this data everyday in our school database. We also track attendance data closely by school each day.