UPDATE: Per Los Alamos County, time now set for 2 p.m.
COUNTY NEWS RELEASE
Desert Wind Transport is working with Los Alamos Public Schools to transport an oversized portable classroom from Mountain Elementary School to Aspen Elementary School July 14 at 10 a.m.
The contractor is asking residents who live along 38th or Villa Streets to avoid parking vehicles on the west side of 38th and the south side of Villa on July 14. Rather, it is preferred that vehicles be parked off the streets in residents’ respective driveways to clear a path for the oversized load to move along the route.
The planned route is from Mountain Elementary School to North Road, to Arkansas, to 38th Street, to Villa Street, to 33rd Street and behind Aspen Elementary School.
The affected neighborhood streets will be:
- North Road from Mountain Elementary School to Arkansas
- Arkansas from North Road to Diamond Drive
- 38th Street from Diamond Drive to Villa Street
- Villa Street from 38th to 33rd Streets
- 33rd Street from Villa Street to the rear entrance of Aspen Elementary School
Los Alamos Police Department will be assisting with this transport. Fliers will be posted in advance on vehicles and doors along the route.
Contact regarding concerns or issues is Desert Wind Transport, Shelley Crawley 505-793-4066.