CHAMBER OF COMMERCE NEWS
At some point, hopefully soon, businesses will be able to open back up. Businesses should be planning now so they have this information in hand. Guidelines will be coming but there are things you should be considering now and planning for.
Checklist for businesses might include:
- Determine the square footage of your business and know how many customers can be inside the space at one time, under possible new guidelines. For example, what is 20 percent of your maximum capacity?
- Consider how you will control access. How will you control deliveries, customers and visitors? Develop a plan for different areas of your business with protocols for safety and cleaning.
- Create a social-distancing plan with decreasing density and rethink traffic patterns. Consider one-way traffic patterns. Consider floor markings and have in place. Consider plexiglass shields at each point of sale area. Supplies to build these shields can be purchased locally.
- Reduce touch points by leaving doors open, not requiring signatures on transactions, etc. Depending on the traffic in your business there may be a need for additional cleanings between shifts or even between customers. Develop cleaning protocols and post inside the business.
- Will you need personal protective equipment (PPE) for your employees and can you purchase them?
- Consider signage encouraging customer facial covering.
- Prepare to train staff for any new protocol.
These are just a few things to start thinking about and planning for. We will forward information as we receive it.