Greetings from the Los Alamos Public Schools!
Here is the latest information from the Governor’s press conference this morning:
- The Public Education Department will waive the instructional hours requirement; thus, LAPS will not make up the two weeks of missed school (March 16-12 and March 30 – April 3)
- NM hotline for health questions: 1-855-600-3453
- NM hotline for everything else: 1-833-551-0518
Here is additional information from the Los Alamos Public Schools:
- Beginning March 16 and ending April 3, grab and go lunches will be provided for students who need them from 11 am – 1 pm at Aspen Elementary School
- Friday April 10, 2020 – no school for students, as previously scheduled
- Click here for instructional resources
For the next three weeks:
- Teachers will not grade work; however, many teachers are planning to provide learning activities and other fun options for students
- High school students in Advanced Placement classes will receive specific information from their teachers
- While on break, please encourage your children to establish routines, read a book, and enjoy the outdoors, when possible
Thanks for your ongoing patience and understanding. We can do this!