Following the New Mexico Department of Health’s public health order regarding mass gatherings and in an effort to prevent transmission of COVID-19 (novel coronavirus), several events in March and April have been postponed. However, the March 18, 2020 deadline to apply for big game hunts in New Mexico is still in place.
The Department would like to remind hunters of the upcoming 5 pm. March 18 deadline to apply for the big game draw. Apply now at https://onlinesales.wildlife.state.nm.us/. All nonessential Department employees are working from home; however, a limited number of essential employees will be answering draw related questions from:
- 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. March 12-13
- 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. March 16 and 17
- 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on March 18
The Department is expecting extended wait times for callers. If you have any questions, do not delay. Call 1-888-248-6866 for assistance with putting in for the draw. The Department encourages hunters to apply now and not wait for the deadline.
Department staff will be answering e-mails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and messages sent to our social media accounts.
Postponed events and activities include:
- Public meetings for the Migratory Bird Rule
- Public meetings for the Wildlife Corridors Action Plan
- Rio Grande Cutthroat Trout Stocking in the Rio Grande Gorge
- Hunter Education (HE) classes, camps and instructor workshops
- Off-highway Vehicle (OHV) education classes
- 2020 Governor’s Special Hunt Auction and Banquet
The Department is working to develop alternate methods for delivery of events such as hunter education and State Game Commission Meetings. The New Mexico Department of Game and Fish is committed to rescheduling as many events as soon possible. Keep an eye on our website for updated information.
Our priority during this time is to protect public health by limiting the potential impacts of COVID-19 in New Mexico.
To learn more about COVID-19 and how to protect yourself and others, please visit http://cv.nmhealth.org/.