BY GREG JUERLING
I am writing this letter of support for Christine Bernstein’s re-election as a LAPS school board member. Christine and I met four years ago while campaigning for her first term as a school board member. Her energy, her ideas, and her passion for education captivate me.
I’ve personally witnessed Christine’s personal values, philosophies, and progressive approaches for enhancing the educational system for our community in her first term on the school board. This is beyond political boundaries. I’ve witnessed her spend hours and days pouring through public emails critical to district decisions. She networks and engages with other districts around the state, collaborates with educators around the nation, and actively leads and participates in committees that are focused to evolve and grow LAPS. She is currently the one board member actively engaged on the development of the strategic plan. She also continuously advocates to get more planning time for teachers. I have full confidence Christine will continue to thrive and continue to make LAPS a positive learning experience for every single child.
I’ve been shocked and dismayed at the attacks and lies and assumptions that have gone on under this campaign. I can personally attest to Christine’s unrelentless commitment to the LAPS District.
Christine Bernstein does:
- Place students’ well-being, and all those that educate, as the highest priority
(Christine Bernstein is the only District #3 candidate that is endorsed by the teacher’s union),
- Seek the best ways for all to learn and has the experience in doing just that. Just ask any of her former students.
- Continue to collaborate with school boards and legislators around the state to inform decision making by the board.
- Not Lie to you,
- Listen to you,
- Get your questions answered, and most importantly,
- Give countless hours of herself to this school district to learn, to teach, and to grow and evolve this district to the benefit of our community and our kids.
Christine Bernstein is the right choice to continue as LAPS District #3’s elected official. Please go and vote. Make the choice you know is right. Give the School Board an excellent resource with the experience and unrelentless commitment to Education! Or, from my selfish self, vote for the two other candidates so Christine and I can spend more time together. And please, please vote YES on the School BOND so we can complete construction efforts for the district.