Screenshot of the new and improved Los Alamos County website. Courtesy LAC
COUNTY NEWS RELEASE
Los Alamos County officials are excited to announce the launch of a new and improved government website designed to better serve and engage with the residents and stakeholders of the community.
Migration begins Friday, Oct. 27 at 9 a.m. Users may notice some downtime where neither the existing nor the new website is available as migration is occurring. According to officials, this could take an hour to many hours.
The domain name losalamosnm.us will remain the same. However, individuals may experience problems getting to the new site after the migration is completed, warned county officials, if they have not cleared their cache to refresh stored settings. Additionally, those who have bookmarked web pages on the existing site will experience errors as the navigation logic has changed. Officials advise that individuals start at the home page, losalamosnm.us, and navigate to the desired webpage or use the search feature to re-bookmark these pages.
The county is replacing its existing website after almost a decade with a newly designed site hosted by a different vendor, Granicus. The new site has a variety of new features and enhancements aimed at improving the web user experience. Key highlights include:
- Enhanced Search Functionality: The search bar feature on the website is optimized to enable users to quickly locate specific web pages, forms, and resources using common keywords.
- Mobile-Friendly Design: The website is fully responsive, ensuring it is accessible on all devices, including smartphones and tablets.
Comprehensive Information: Users will find a wealth of information on government
- services, departments, and elected officials, as well as resources for businesses and residents.
- What’s Around Me: This is a new feature that permits the web user to enter an address and view county road and capital projects nearby, county facilities, and events.
- News and Updates: Stay informed with the latest news, announcements, and events related to Los Alamos County government on the home page.
As community members utilize the new site, county officials encourage feedback and suggestions to help the county project team to continually improve the website’s functionality and content. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form on the home page.