FSN NEWS RELEASE
- When: Mondays from August 21- October 2 (No class Labor Day, Sept. 4)
- Time: 12:00-1:00 PM
- Where: Virtual via Zoom (Zoom link and login information will be emailed to those that register)
- Cost: FREE! Sponsored by JJAB
This class will help parents/caregivers find solutions and strategies in a world where screens are a part of their children’s daily lives. Instructor Brandi Seekins will use the book Parenting in the Screen Age: A Guide for Calm Conversations by Delaney Rushton, MD.
The class will include facilitated discussions and participants will learn:
- A roadmap for productive conversations around “screen time” including the three V’s: Validate, Values, and Village;
- Ways to engage your child in creating boundaries around mass media and social media (e.g. Netflix, video gaming, social media, etc)
- Tools to set screen time limits that include your teen’s voice and reduce sneaking behavior and arguing
There will be opportunities to share and listen to other parents about struggles with their children/teens and online issues such as social cruelty, sexting, and mental health.\
Course is geared toward parents/caregivers of youth ages 10 and up.