LLA NEWS RELEASE
Leadership Los Alamos (LLA) is seeking applicants for the LLA Class of 2023. The program begins Sept. 23. Applications are due by July 15.
What is LLA?
Leadership Los Alamos (LLA) is a unique opportunity for individuals who live or work in Los Alamos County and are committed to assuming roles of responsibility in civic, charitable, and governmental organizations in the region. Class participants will greatly expand their knowledge of the community and develop or enhance their leadership skills.
· Identify and select highly motivated, emerging leaders to participate in the program.
· Systematically inform, challenge, and educate participants regarding the
opportunities and needs of the community, as well as the dynamics of social and economic change.
· Counsel participants on management and leadership skills, and their application to civic and community leadership positions.
· Develop interpersonal relationships and esprit de corps among participants, to enable them to work together on community projects and programs.
· Create dialogue and rapport among participants and existing community leaders.
· Identify opportunities for individual and organizational community involvement.
· Provide opportunities for hands-on leadership experience through participation in a project.
The program starts with an orientation the evening of Sept. 23 and the day of Sept. 24, followed by once-a-month sessions, Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m,, October 2022 through May 2023.
Topics include Community Organizations, Youth, Local Government, Education, Culture, Economic Development, and Environment.
The final session and graduation ceremony will take place on May 19, 2023.
Cost: Tuition $600
Many employers recognize the value of supporting their employees’ endeavors to enhance their skills and community involvement, and we encourage participants to discuss tuition assistance with them. A limited amount of scholarship assistance will be available to candidates who demonstrate financial need.
How to apply:
Retrieve the application form at http://www.leadershiplosalamos.com
Email the completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: July 15, 2022
Comments from former LLA Graduates:
“LLA exposed me to current and aspiring leaders in and around Los Alamos County. These relationships have helped me to do my job more effectively and to maintain close connections with the community.”
– Jorge Silva-Bañuelos, Superintendent, Valles Caldera National Preserve
“LLA broadened my knowledge of not only leadership, but all that our unique community has to offer, and the importance of servanthood. I gained valuable leadership and management skills and developed great relationships. LLA inspired me to get out of my comfort zone. I highly recommend the program to anyone interested in improving their leadership and management skills, learning about all that our community encompasses while meeting great people. This program has, by far, been one of my favorites!”– Naomi Maestas, LA County Clerk
“In LLA, you’ll learn that we all have different leadership styles. Through improved communication and collaboration skills, you’ll learn how these diverse styles can work well together. LLA also helps you build relationships in our community. By working together, we can make Los Alamos an even better community.”– Ryn Herrmann, Chamber of Commerce Director
Core Sponsors of LLA: Century Bank, Enterprise Bank & Trust, Los Alamos County, TechSource, Inc.