Los Alamos resident Helen Benson with her absentee ballot. Photo by Jody Benson
BY JODY BENSON
Today, Tuesday, June 7, is Election Day in the NM Primary. Helen Benson, a registered Republican, has never—ever—missed an election since she cast her first ballot in 1942. This primary election, however, she missed the signature box on the interior privacy envelope. The Clerk’s office called her; Helen retrieved her ballot. She correctly completed the information and submitted her ballot in the absentee Ballot Box at Mesa Public Library.
Thank you all the staff at the County Clerk’s office. Thank you for taking the time to track down a voter and thus ensure that she—as you do for each citizen—is able to execute her right to participate in the American democratic process! Thank you!
Please vote. The Primary determines the candidates for the General Election in November.
Election Day Polling Places (Vote Centers) on Tuesday, June 7, 2022: Polls are open 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. You may vote at any of the following voting locations also known as Vote Centers:
- Los Alamos County Municipal Building, 1000 Central Avenue, Council Chambers,
- Los Alamos Golf Course, 4250 Diamond Drive, Multi-Purpose Room,
- White Rock Town Hall, 139 Longview Drive, Training Rooms
- Betty Ehart Senior Center, 1101 Bathtub Row, Downstairs Classroom, and
- University of New Mexico-Los Alamos, 4000 University Drive, Building 6, Room 631.
For more complete voting information—including a link to the League of Women Voters “Voter Guide” containing the responses of all local candidates who replied to the questionnaire—please visit the County Clerk’s webpage at: https://www.losalamosnm.us/government/elected_officials/county_clerk/election_information