EPS NEWS RELEASE
The Española Pathways Shelter is currently seeking an experienced and motivated Grants Manager to work closely with our leadership to help continue to grow and build our organizational capacity. The Grants Manager’s role will focus on collaborating with our leadership to write and manage grants to help improve the overall capacity of our organization so that we may continue to serve those in need in our community and the surrounding areas.
This is an opportunity for someone who is passionate about helping serve those most vulnerable and less fortunate in a meaningful and impactful way. Since our inception The Española Pathways Shelter has served over 10,600 Meals, housed over 3,000 clients and since June 2021 Eagle Village (our Transitional Housing Facility) has helped 7 individuals graduate out of Transitional Housing and we currently maintain a 95% employment rate with clients.
Our organization offers shelter, warm meals, essential and emergency services, comprehensive care, and case management for individuals aged 18 and older. We aim to strategically partner with other local, regional, or statewide agencies to intently address and provide overlapping layers of support for clients.
The Grants Manager role is the development and implementation of grant programs, preparation of program and grant budgets, the research of funding opportunities and monitoring of said grant funds as well as to compile key data for quantifiable impact and analytical measurements. If this excites and interests you and you have the experience to help us reach our goals, we invite you to apply.
In the role of Grants Manager for The Española Pathways Shelter, you should be experienced in:
● Leadership: Providing strategic vision, planning and oversight to guide a nonprofit in the creation and implementation of a fundraising plan that coordinates solicitation and communications in a dynamic environment and meets the needs of multiple stakeholders
● Donor Stewardship: Cultivating and maintaining a pipeline of donors alongside leadership, nurturing, and expanding a portfolio of key donors, and finding new philanthropic funding opportunities
● Grant Management: Performing research and grant writing to support our fundraising efforts with individuals and foundations
● Donor Communications: Working closely with our leadership to schedule and generate content that persuasively outlines the vision as it aligns with donors’ priorities.
● Team Player: Willingness to jump in on tasks of any size and collaborate on a wide range of priorities In the Role of Grants Manager for The Española Pathways Shelter, your background should consist of:
● 5 or more years of relevant experience on a nonprofit fundraising team – experience with nonprofits focused on behavioral health or social services is a benefit
● A startup mentality – understanding that priorities may shift, but the overall goal of building a fundraising engine remains consistent
● The ability to manage complex projects and multi-task with excellent organization skills ● Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
● Experience communicating with funders of all kinds and sharing impact in a compelling and quantifiable way
● Comfortable with a fast-paced environment and changing requirements
● A commitment to upholding nondiscrimination, equity, and inclusive policies
● Experience with fiscal oversight and assurance of proper grant spending
● Experience in managing and handling grants, grant writing and reporting
● High computer proficiency skills
The Grants Manager Position is a Part-Time Contractor Position, with a set starting payable rate at $35.00 per hour. Work would begin immediately upon hire. The Grants Manager reports directly to the CEO, who in turn reports to the Board of Directors. The duties of the Grant Manager include, but are not limited to:
• Development and implementation of grant programs
• Preparation of program and grant budgets
• Preparation of grant proposals
• Preparation of timely grant reports and balances
• Research and monitoring of funding opportunities
• Compilation of key data for quantifiable impact and analytical measurements
If you are interested you can email Cristian Madrid-Estrada, Chief Executive Officer at: Cristian@EspanolaPathwaysShelter.org or reach us at (505) 753-4453. You can learn more about our organization at http://www.EspanolaPathwaysShelter.org