LANL FOUNDATION NEWS RELEASE
Centerra – Los Alamos, the Los Alamos National Laboratory’s proforce contractor, in partnership with LANL Foundation created the Excellence in Teaching Award to honor teachers and bring encouragement and support to the education profession in Rio Arriba County and Pojoaque. These regions are where the majority of Centerra’s employees reside and raise their families. Award nominations are encouraged and the application for nominations opens on Monday, Feb. 14.
Qualified nominees must have taught at their current K-12 public, Tribal, or charter school in Rio Arriba County or Pojoaque for at least three years. Current and former students, teachers, administrators, and other colleagues may submit nominations. Prior winners are not eligible.
REQUIREMENTS TO NOMINATE A TEACHER:
- Qualified teacher nominees must have taught at their current K–12 public, Tribal, or charter school in Rio Arriba County or Pojoaque for at least three years.
- Current and former students, teachers, administrators, and other colleagues may submit nominations.
- Relatives of the teacher may not nominate them.
- Invited community members and staff from both sponsoring organizations select the winners from information provided through an online form that will be posted.
- Each teacher’s impact on his or her school, students, and community; leadership qualities; cultivation of positive culture; and inspiration of lifelong learning in others will be considered.
Since 2016, the Excellence in Teaching Award, which includes a $1,000 monetary award and an engraved plaque, has been given annually to seven exemplary public, Tribal or charter school teachers who have been nominated by current or former students, administrators and colleagues. “It has been incredibly humbling to witness the spirit and resilience so many of our teachers have shown during this past year, even going above and beyond their call of duty to help our children succeed. We are honored to carry on the tradition of awarding these outstanding individuals through our Teachers in Excellence Award.” shared LANL Foundation, Education Enrichment Director, Michael Dabrieo.
Applications for nominations will be closing on March 11, 2022. To get more information about the Teachers in Excellence Award, please contact Doris Rivera, email@example.com or by calling (505) 753-8890