COUNTY NEWS RELEASE
Non-essential Los Alamos County government facilities are closed Wednesday, Feb. 2 due to hazardous weather conditions that are expected to persist throughout the day.
County officials offer some additional clarifications as follows:
- The Eco Station will open to the public today from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and will continue commercial refuse collection as scheduled.
- COVID-19 testing services by Pathology Consultants of New Mexico in White Rock will begin drive-through testing today at 10 a.m. at Overlook Park.
- Atomic City Transit is suspending bus and ACT Assist services for today.
- Customer Care is closed but is responding to email and voicemail messages.
- While the golf shop and golf maintenance building are closed today, Cottonwoods on the Greens will be open and serving lunch.
- Visitor Centers in the townsite and White Rock are closed.
- The ice rink is closed today and tomorrow.
- Library curbside services at the Mesa Public Library and WR branches are canceled today.
- The Los Alamos airport is closed by FAA NOTAM with the exception of helicopters.
- The Aquatic Center and front desk are closed.
- The History Museum is closed.
Other local attractions are also closed, including Bradbury Science Museum, The Manhattan Project National Historical Park, Bandelier National Monument, and the Valles Caldera Visitor Contact Station.
Individuals can follow the County on the County Facebook page for additional updates throughout the day.