After a long wait, Pajarito Mountain Ski Area is slated to open Saturday. Courtesy photo
BY TOM LONG
We finally got the snow we needed! We will be opening January 29-30 to test the waters and see if the snow will stick around to keep us open! We’re expecting a dusting tonight, and more snow, up to 7 inches in the forecast. We are opening the Beginner’s Lift ONLY with only the beginner runs open. A current lack of staffing makes opening the rest of the mountain impossible this weekend, but we are working hard to get our “on deck” staff up and ready for next weekend, when we hope to open much more terrain.
A few things about opening day that will look a little different:
- We are opening Saturday-Sunday
- Lift tickets for this opening weekend are $35 and are available online only. If you have questions or need assistance with a ticket purchase, please visit the Bird’s Nest, Pajarito’s store.
- Ski school will be open, and lessons are available online only. We ask that ski school participants meet at the ticket window deck for their lessons.
- We will not be offering rentals this weekend.
- The cafe will be open with a limited menu from 11a-3p — need coffee or hot chocolate in the morning? Let us know as we’re determining guest preferences in the cafe!
We are so excited to see all of you again, and hope you’ll join us for a few laps as we celebrate skiing the little bird!