COUNTY NEWS RELEASE
Due to the increased number of positive cases in Los Alamos and surrounding areas, Atomic City Transit will adhere to 6-foot social distancing and limiting capacity on fixed route services beginning Thursday, January 13, 2022. To maintain employee and passenger safety we continue to require that all passengers wear a face covering to board and ride the bus. Atomic City Transit is implementing the following practices:
- The number of passengers allowed on each bus will be limited to comply with 6-foot social distancing.
- Seats on every bus will be blocked-off to assure adequate spacing between passengers again to comply with social distancing.
In addition, Atomic City Transit staff continue to follow these measures to further enhance public health safety by:
- Hand sanitizer will be available on all vehicles for both customers and staff
- All transit vehicles will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to being put into daily service, as well as high touch areas disinfected between trips, throughout the day
- Passengers will board and depart the bus only through the back doors only (when available).
Please call our office at (505) 661-RIDE (7433) for any additional information or use the ACTracker to locate your bus route in real-time. For the specific route service schedules, please visit our website at: