LOS ALAMOS HEART COUNCIL NEWS
The Los Alamos Heart Council and the Los Alamos Medical Center are pleased to sponsor a Free Flu Shot Clinic Saturday, Oct. 23 from 9 a.m. to noon at the back parking lot of the UNMLA campus. Please enter by turning onto Sandia Drive from Diamond Drive, turn left on 40th Street and follow the signs and volunteers to the back parking lot. (At the old Metzger’s Station)
We will be administering the standard adult flu vaccine in a drive-through configuration that will not require you to get out of your car. Sorry, we cannot inoculate children. While this is a first come, first serve clinic, we have many hundreds of doses and ask attendees not to begin arriving before 8:30 am as that will interfere with set up and conduct of the clinic.
We will be asking attendees to adhere to the following procedures:
- Everyone in the vehicle will be required to have a face mask on while in line.
- Volunteers will direct attendees on traffic flow into the vaccination lines, as there will be multiple lines.
- Please follow the volunteers instructions at the clinic and;
- Each attendee will need to read, fill out and sign a consent form given them. Disposable card-board backers and pens will be given out, please take them with you and dispose of them at your home.
- As we will not vaccinate people sitting in center seats of the car, please only have up to 4 people per vehicle to vaccinate;
- Before reaching the inoculation station, please remove any coats or sweaters you have been wearing and roll-up the sleeve of the arm at your window;
- Please proceed slowly and carefully up to the inoculation station for your line;
- When you reach the inoculation station, please put your vehicle in park and turn off the engine,
- Follow the volunteers’ instructions and when everyone in the vehicle has been vaccinated, follow the departure instructions and heed the directions of the police officers directing traffic at Sandia and Diamond Drive.
We anticipate seeing many of you on Saturday, Oct. 23 and are pleased to provide this small portion of our health fair in the continuing COVID-19 environment. We sorry to have to again cancel the regular Health Fair, but we will hope to be able to see everyone next fall in the Griffith Gym for the health fair.