The call for applications for the Regional Development Corporation’s Micro-Grant Fund opens April 1 with applications due on or before 5 p.m. on May 1, 2021.
The RDC’s Micro-Grant Fund is available to any type of small business that has an immediate need for between $500 and $2,000 to diversify, sustain or grow revenue, leverage other investments, and/or put proper systems in place that will lead to growth and create job opportunities. A Micro-Grant assists companies that may not be eligible for other types of funding or are not aware of other funding sources. Awards are made through a competitive application process; companies selected for this grant award do not have to pay it back.
Micro-grant awards can be used to pay for specialized business software and consulting and equipment. Funds can not be used to pay for general business expenses such as rent, utilities, inventory, insurance, or salaries.
Eligibility – Micro-Grant Fund Applicants Must:
- Be a for-profit company with a business license
- Have a business bank account and a NM CRS-1 number
- Be in business for 6 months or longer before submitting the application
- Be headquartered in Sandoval, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, San Miguel, Mora, Rio Arriba, or Taos county
- Submit an application on or before the published deadline
- Have a specific project in mind with well-defined goals, tasks, and purchases that can be completed within 6 months from the contract date
For complete eligibility requirements and to download the application (on April 1 or later) go to https://rdcnm.org/microgrant-fund