Service includes Route 1, Route 2M, Route 4, and Route 6
Atomic City Transit is pleased to announce plans for the phased re-opening of fixed-route public transportation in Los Alamos County beginning Monday, March 1st.
Phase-one will include fixed-route bus service for Routes 1 – Downtown, 2M White Rock to Los Alamos via Main Hill, Route 4 North Community and Route 6 North Mesa while continuing Dial-A-Ride service, all operating on reduced hours of daily service, from approximately 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM – Monday through Friday.
A critical factor, as we begin this initial phase of resuming bus service is maintaining employee and passenger safety by complying with public health recommendations. In accordance with the current Governor’s Executive Order as well as Federal mandates:
- Passengers and Operators are required to wear face coverings to board and ride the bus
- The number of passengers allowed on each bus will be limited to comply with social distancing recommendations
- Some seats on every bus will be blocked-off to assure adequate spacing between passengers again to comply with social distancing recommendations
Atomic City Transit staff continue to follow measures to further enhance public health safety as we begin to resume fixed-route bus service:
- Hand sanitizer is available on all vehicles for both customers and staff
- All transit vehicles will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to being put into daily service, as well as high touch areas disinfected between trips, throughout the day
- Passengers will board and depart the bus only through the back doors only (when available).
Atomic City Operations and Dispatch staff will monitor bus capacity on each route to assure capacity compliance. When capacity has been reached Dial-A-Ride service can be requested to assure you get where you need to be.
Thank you in advance for your understanding as we address such issues during the re-opening.
The Dial-A-Ride service, currently in operation County-wide, shall continue with the same service hours from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM – Monday through Friday, for all areas of the County that cannot be done on a fixed route service or capacity has been met.
Dial-A-Ride service is available to any person and is a curb-to-curb service with ADA accessible vehicles. Please call our office (505) 661-RIDE (7433) the day prior and schedule your appointment. You can also call the same day and book your trip on a space available basis.
For the specific Route 1, 2M, 4 and 6 service schedules, that will begin March 1st, please visit our website at:https://www.losalamosnm.us/government/departments/public_works/atomic_city_transit