Nambe Drugs, New Mexico Department of Health (NMDOH) and Los Alamos County officials would like to provide additional information to Los Alamos residents who have an appointment for the COVID-19 vaccination clinic this Sunday, Feb. 14 at the Los Alamos High School Gym, 1300 Diamond Drive. This event was originally scheduled to be held at Nambe Drugs, but due to inclement weather was moved to the High School Gym.
- Check the appointment date and time to ensure that it is for Sunday, Feb. 14 at the Los High School Gym. (Independent of the County, Nambe Drugs through the NM DOH is sending out invitations for weekly vaccination clinics that occur every Monday and Friday. These are held at Nambe Drugs located at Central Park Square.)
- Arrive to Sunday’s clinic no more than 15 minutes before the scheduled appointment time. Appointments are scheduled based on the number of individuals that can be processed in a half hour. Showing up too early or too late causes the vaccination wait time to increase.
- Complete the medical questionnaire in your NM DOH profile the morning of your appointment. Be sure to click “update” when done so that the medical questionnaire box turns green. This will expedite the check-in process.
- Bring to the clinic your NM DOH confirmation number (this is the seven-digit number provided to individuals when they initially registered for the vaccine on the NM DOH website).
- Bring your insurance and Medicare cards, as applicable. (Nambe Drugs will need this information for its registration process.)
- Dress warmly and in layers. Cold weather is expected on Sunday. Staff has reconfigured the set-up of the vaccination clinic to reduce wait times outside, however it may still be necessary to wait outdoors for a short while. Once inside, individuals will need to expose the upper arm for the vaccination. Consider wearing a short-sleeved shirt under a sweater or jacket that can be easily removed.
Nambe Drugs will be administering the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. More information on Moderna can be found at https://www.modernatx.com/covid19vaccine-eua/recipients/.
This clinic is for appointments only and focuses on adults 75 years and older and other qualifying individuals determined by NM DOH. No walk-ins will be accepted.
Los Alamos residents who did not receive a NM DOH notification to schedule an appointment for this upcoming vaccination clinic are encouraged to remain patient. Vaccination clinics are being scheduled as soon as supply is confirmed.
For more information, individuals can visit the NM DOH website: https://cvvaccine.nmhealth.org/faqs.html or call the hotline: 1-855-600-3453, press option 0 for vaccine questions, and then option 4 for tech support. County information on COVID-19 is available on the Los Alamos County website at: https://lacnm.com/COVID.