Los Alamos CROP Hunger Walk Virtual Fundraiser Ends Tuesday


Thanks to the many individuals who donated to or raised funds for this year’s Los Alamos CROP Hunger Walk.  If you haven’t had a chance yet, do take the time to walk 2.5 miles as a virtual way of participating in this Hunger Walk. The distance is set in solidarity with those around the world who walk an average of 2.5 miles each day just to get water. (Of course, you may want to wait a few days until recent snow and ice have melted, and walking is safe, again.) 

CROP Hunger Walks around our nation have brought communities together to take a stand against hunger since 1969.  As a result of our Los Alamos walk, 25% of the money raised stays in Los Alamos in support of LA Cares, our local food bank. The remaining 75% of the funds goes toward national and global hunger and poverty relief, including assistance to survivors of natural disasters. 

The 2020 Los Alamos CROP Hunger Walk has already raised about $12,000, just a few thousand dollars short of the event’s typical annual fundraising effort. Although registration of walkers has closed, donations are still being collected through Tuesday, . Dec. 15. Los Alamos Hunger Walk organizers hope you can help this community to reach a goal of $15,000 raised this year. 

If you are able to donate, you can make a check out to “CROP Walk” and send to “CROP Walk, 1441 – 11th Street, Los Alamos, NM 87544”, or you can donate at the secure weblink below:  


From this Los Alamos CROP Hunger Walk event page, you can see a list participants part way down the page. Click on one of those individuals or teams and donate through them, following the prompts. 

The Los Alamos community has been faithful each year in its efforts to help others in need. Plan to join next November, hopefully in-person, when participants can again gather to run, walk, share food, and enjoy random drawings for turkeys and pumpkin pies. The Los Alamos CROP Hunger Walk and Turkey Trot event will provide lots of community fun once again in November 2021.