LOS ALAMOS CREATIVE DISTRICT NEWS
The Los Alamos Creative District is hosting a WinterFest “Ugly Holiday Sweater” Face Mask Decorating Contest and giving away cloth face masks that will serve as blank canvases for creativity. It is free to participate, and awards will be given out to the top three winners in the three categories.
Artists must use the mask provided, which may be picked up at Nambe Drugs (111 Central Park Square) between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday (except Thanksgiving) from Nov 25. to Dec. 4 (or until our mask supply runs out). Decorated masks must be submitted via email by 10 p.m. Dec 5 and winners will be announced by 2 p.m. on Dec. 6.
“Ugly Holiday Sweater” Mask Categories:
Adult (age 18+)
Teen (age 13-17)
Youth (12 and Under)
Prizes for each category:
Ist – Gift card for Village Arts
2nd – $30
3rd – $10
- Masks need to be decorated within the theme of “Ugly Holiday Sweater”
- Must use the face mask provided by the Creative District
- Only 1 submission per person
- Two clear photos of the mask must be emailed to email@example.com (one closeup of the mask, with the entire mask visible) and another photo of someone wearing it (does not have to be the artist)
- Due by 10 p.m. on Dec 5
- Email must include: Name and age of artist, 2 photos as noted above, and contact phone number of artist (or parent of artist, if under 18)
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about WinterFest 2020, visit www.losalamosmainstreet.com/winterfest
The Los Alamos Creative District is a program of Los Alamos Commerce & Development Corporation; a private, not-for-profit economic and community development organization serving the Los Alamos area since 1983. LACDC serves as the umbrella organization for the Los Alamos Chamber of Commerce, Los Alamos MainStreet, Discover Los Alamos, Los Alamos Small Business Center, Los Alamos Creative District, projectY cowork Los Alamos, and the Los Alamos Research Park.