With an expected increase of online holiday shopping this year due to the Covid 19 pandemic, Los Alamos Police Department would like to remind citizens of ways to stop package theft.
- Ship your packages directly to family or friends who will be home to receive them
- Ship your packages to your place of business
- Ship your packages to UPEX or the UPS Store and pick up at a later date and time (there may be a service fee from the retailer for this service)
- Try ship to store options
- Ask a neighbor to collect the package when it arrives at your home
Another reminder if you choose to do holiday shopping in person at stores, mall etc. is to remember to place your purchases in the trunk or conceal them inside your vehicle.