Atomic City Transit is pleased to announce Express Routes 7(C) – North Mesa, Route 8 – North Community, Route 9 – Aspen Area, Route 10 – Barranca Mesa and Route 11 – White Rock Area will resume operations beginning Monday, Oct. 19, the same day as the beginning of Los Alamos Public Schools Hybrid Attendance Model for Elementary Schools.
Rides on the Express Routes must be requested in advance using the Dial-A-Ride reservation system. Express Routes will operate as a reservation only service every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Reservations must be made for the Express Routes the day prior to secure a space as capacity will be limited. Please assure you have the rider’s name, pick-up location and drop-off location and a phone number when scheduling a ride (505) 661-RIDE (7433). Reservations will be accepted Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. You can also call the same day and request a trip on a space available basis.
To maintain passenger safety, Atomic City Transit continues to comply with the public health recommendations in accordance with the current Governor’s Executive Order:
- Passengers will be required to wear face coverings in order to board and while riding the bus
- The number of passengers allowed on each bus will be limited and seats will be blocked off to comply with social distancing recommendations.
Atomic City Transit continues to follow measures to further enhance public health safety as follows:
- Hand sanitizer will be available on all vehicles for both customers and staff
- All transit vehicles will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to being put into daily service, as well as high touch areas disinfecting between trips, throughout the day
- Passengers will board and depart the bus only through the back doors only (when available).
Fixed route bus service, currently in operation, will continue to be provided on Routes 1, 2M, 2T and 6. For the detailed Route 1, 2M, 2T and Route 6 service schedules,please visit our website at:
Regular Dial-A-Ride service remains available to the general public in areas not serviced by a fixed route bus. Please call our office (505) 661-RIDE (7433) the day prior and schedule your appointment. You can also call the same day and book your trip on a space available basis.