Atomic City Transit is pleased to announce reopening of Route 6 – North Mesa beginning Monday, Oct. 5. Route 6 will join the bus service currently being provided on Routes 1, 2M, and 2T that began on June 15. Routes will operate with reduced service hours from approximately 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. – Monday through Friday.
To maintain passenger safety, Atomic City Transit continues to comply with the public health recommendations in accordance with the current Governor’s Executive Order:
- Passengers will be required to wear face coverings in order to board and while riding the bus
- The number of passengers allowed on each bus will be limited and seats will be blocked off to comply with social distancing recommendations.
Atomic City Transit continues to follow measures to further enhance public health safety on fixed route service:
- Hand sanitizer will be available on all vehicles for both customers and staff
- All transit vehicles will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to being put into daily service, as well as high touch areas disinfecting between trips, throughout the day
- Passengers will board and depart the bus only through the back doors only (when available).
Dial-A-Ride service is currently in operation County-wide with the same service hours from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. – Monday through Friday, for all areas of the County not serviced by Rt 1, 2M, or 2T – and beginning Oct. 5, Route 6. Dial-A-Ride service is available to any person and is curb to curb service with ADA accessible vehicles. Please call our office (505) 661-RIDE (7433) the day prior and schedule your appointment. You can also call the same day and book your trip on a space available basis.
For the specific Route 1, 2M, 2T and Route 6 service schedulesplease visit our website at: https://www.losalamosnm.us/government/departments/public_works/atomic_city_transit