Atomic City Transit is currently providing bus service for Route 1, 2M and 2T Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm. For areas not serviced by a fixed route bus, Atomic City Transit is providing Dial-A-Ride service during the same hours.
Dial-A-Ride service is curb to curb service with ADA accessible vehicles. You are welcome to call the day prior to schedule your appointment for a ride or you can call the administrative office at (505) 661-RIDE (7433) the same day for the next available pick-up.
Dial-A-Ride service is open to any resident or visitor of Los Alamos County and all services provided by Atomic City Transit are fare free.
To maintain passenger’s safety, we continue to comply with the public health recommendations in accordance with the current Governor’s Executive Order:
- Passengers will be required to wear face coverings to board and ride the bus
- The number of passengers allowed on each bus will be limited to comply with social distancing recommendations
- Some seats on every bus will be blocked-off to assure adequate spacing between passengers again to comply with social distancing recommendations.
Atomic City Transit staff have also implemented the following measures to further enhance public health safety by:
- Hand sanitizer will be available on all vehicles for both customers and staff
- All transit vehicles will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to being put into daily service, as well as high touch areas disinfected between trips throughout the day
- Passengers will board and depart the bus only through the back doors only (when available).
When you have essential errands or appointments, call our office, and schedule a ride – (505) 661-RIDE (7433).