While citizens are able to conduct most Los Alamos County business with the Customer Care Center via phone or email from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the work week, citizens will now be able to conduct in-person transactions too. Starting Monday, June 22, Customer Care representatives will open two of the three windows in the Municipal Building lobby between the hours of 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Work stations and the municipal building lobby, at 1000 Central Avenue, Los Alamos are modified to comply with the May 15, 2020, All Together New Mexico, COVID-safe practices for individuals and employers which was issued by the New Mexico Governor’s Economic Recovery Council:
- Plexiglas is installed in front of each Customer Care Center station.
- Six-foot spacing is marked for citizens to maintain social distancing while waiting.
- Masks for Customer Care representatives and citizens are required at all times. (Customer Care representatives will be unable to provide assistance to individuals not wearing a mask.)
- Signage for one-way traffic flow and hand sanitation stations are in place.
- Frequent cleaning of the lobby and bathrooms are also scheduled.
Officials with the Los Alamos Department of Public Utilities (DPU) thank the community for its support and flexibility over the past couple of months in working with the Customer Care Center remotely. To sustain the momentum achieved in reducing the spread of COVID-19, DPU requests citizens to consider continuing to conduct business with the county over the phone or email as much as possible and save in-person visits for when it is necessary. Pay utility bills online, through the mail or utilize the payment dropbox conveniently located in the Municipal Building parking lot.
Customer Care representatives can be reached by phone at 505.662.8333 or by email CustomerCare@lacnm.us. Offices are located in the lobby of the Municipal Building located at 1000 Central Avenue, Los Alamos, NM.