Atomic City Transit is pleased to announce plans for the phased re-opening of fixed-route public transportation in Los Alamos County beginning Monday, June 15th. Phase-one of reopening fixed-route bus service will include Routes 1, 2M, and 2T operating on reduced hours of daily service, from approximately 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM – Monday through Friday.
A critical factor, as we begin this initial phase of resuming bus service, is maintaining passenger safety by complying with public health recommendations. In accordance with the current Governor’s Executive Order:
- Passengers will be required to wear face coverings in order to board and ride the bus
- The number of passengers allowed on each bus will be limited to comply with social distancing recommendations
- Some seats on every bus will be blocked-off to assure adequate spacing between passengers again to comply with social distancing recommendations
Atomic City Transit staff have also implemented the following measures to further enhance public health safety as we begin to resume fixed-route bus service:
- Hand sanitizer will be available on all vehicles for both customers and staff
- All transit vehicles will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to being put into daily service, as well as high touch areas disinfected between trips, throughout the day
- Passengers will board and depart the bus only through the back doors only (when available)
Atomic City Operations and Dispatch staff will monitor bus capacity on the routes and will dispatch additional buses on occasion if/when capacity limits are reached. However, in such situations, schedule delays will occur. Thank you in advance for your understanding as we address such issues during the re-opening
The Dial-A-Ride service, currently in operation County-wide, shall continue with the same service hours from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM – Monday through Friday, for all areas of the County not serviced by Rt 1, 2M, or 2T. Dial-A-Ride service is available to any person and is curb to curb service with ADA accessible vehicles. Please call our office (505) 661-RIDE (7433) the day prior and schedule your appointment. You can also call the same day and book your trip on a space available basis.
For the specific Route 1, 2M, and 2T service schedules, that will go into operation on June 15th please visit our website at: