DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH NEWS
New Mexico state health officials on Wednesday announced 72 additional positive tests for COVID-19.
Per the state Department of Health, the most recent cases are:
- 20 new cases in Bernalillo County
- 1 new case in Chaves County
- 1 new case in Cibola County
- 4 new cases in Doña Ana County
- 2 new cases in Eddy County
- 15 new cases in McKinley County
- 1 new case in Rio Arriba County
- 14 new cases in Sandoval County
- 9 new cases in San Juan County
- 2 new cases in Santa Fe County
- 2 new cases in Socorro County
- 1 new case in Valencia County
The Department of Health on Wednesday also reported three additional deaths in New Mexico related to COVID-19.
Those cases are:
- A man in his 90s from Bernalillo County. He had underlying medical conditions.
- A woman in her 80s from Bernalillo County. She had underlying medical conditions.
- A second woman in her 80s from Bernalillo County. The individual had underlying medical conditions.
The number of deaths in the state related to COVID-19 is now 16.
Including the above newly reported cases, New Mexico has now had a total of 865 positive tests for COVID-19. The case numbers reported Tuesday, April 7, included one duplicate in Bernalillo County. The error has been corrected and is reflected in today’s total COVID-19 New Mexico cases:
- Bernalillo County: 325
- Catron County: 1
- Chaves County: 16
- Cibola County: 16
- Curry County: 8
- Doña Ana County: 39
- Eddy County: 6
- Grant County: 4
- Lea County: 2
- Lincoln County: 1
- Los Alamos County: 2
- McKinley County: 70
- Otero County: 3
- Rio Arriba County: 7
- Roosevelt County: 1
- Sandoval County: 143
- San Juan County: 116
- San Miguel County: 1
- Santa Fe County: 68
- Socorro County: 7
- Taos County: 14
- Torrance County: 7
- Valencia County: 8