Los Alamos County is monitoring the current outbreak with the goal of taking appropriate measures to protect the health and safety of the community.
At this time, the Library System is taking the following measures:
- Furniture has been reconfigured to increase distance between seated individuals in library spaces.
- Toys and crayons have been removed from the youth areas
- Borrowed item returns are being routed away from service desks and towards drop boxes to decrease the number of people handling them
- Cleaning frequency of high contact surfaces has been increased
- Disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer have been made available for patron use
- We are asking patrons and staff to remain away from the facilities if they are sick or suspect they may be sick
Beginning Monday, March 16, and until further notice, the Library will:
- Limit the number of computers in use to create social distancing between computer users and reduce the session time to 30 minutes.
- Cancel all programming
- Close study rooms and dual purpose room at Mesa Public Library
Currently, both libraries are open and maintaining regular schedules and services.
The library has a large collection of digital materials that can be accessed via an internet connection, for those who would prefer to remain home. Visit http://losalamoslibrary.org/ and click on the “Digital Library” tab to see our offerings. Those needing additional assistance can call 662-8250 or email email@example.com .
As always, loan renewals are available online on the web portal or on the phone.