NEWS FROM THE OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR
Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham is calling for applications to fill the statutory Compulsive Gambling Council.
All 15 members of the council are appointed by the governor and serve at her pleasure. The positions that need to be filled are:
- A member of a fraternal organization that sponsors gambling;
- Two persons with expertise in the field of compulsive gambling;
- Two Native American representatives from a tribe or pueblo with gaming operations;
- Two representatives of the non-Native American gaming industry;
- Two representatives from the behavioral health profession;
- Two representatives from the general public.
The council is charged with collecting data, setting standards and developing and implementing a plan to prevent and treat compulsive gambling in New Mexico. It meets regularly at the call of the chair.
Council members serve voluntarily and receive no per diem for their services or travel expenses.
Those interested in serving on the council should indicate in their letter of interest one or more positions they are qualified to fill.
To apply, send a resume and letter of interest to Director of Boards and Commissions, Melissa Salazar at Melissa.Salazar3@state.nm.us.
Applications are due Jan. 24.
See other boards and commissions that are seeking candidates here.