We’re moving! The recycling center currently located at Sullivan Field parking lot will be relocated to the Lemon Lot. Starting on Tuesday, Oct. 15, , the recycling containers currently at the Sullivan Field parking lot will be relocated to the Lemon Lot just across the street.
This relocation is a result of the land transfer from the Los Alamos County to Los Alamos Public Schools. The Sullivan Field parking lot will be used to construct a permanent sports field house.
The County’s number one goal during this relocation process has been to maintain convenient, safe, and accessible recycle drop-off center for our community. Many locations were considered, and the Lemon Lot area was the preferred option. Recycle opportunities will be maintained and include two roll off containers for mixed recycle and glass, and two cardboard dumpsters.
In addition to the Lemon Lot Recycle Convenience Center, the County also provides recycle drop-off at the Eco Station, located at 3701. E. Jemez. Road. Dropping off recycle material at the Eco Station is free and does not count against your 12 free loads. The Eco Station is open seven (7) days per week with the exception of County observed holidays.
Please note the many CARDBOARD RECYCLE locations that are available for use by the public:
- Eco Station (3701 E. Jemez Road)
- Overlook Convenience Center (Overlook Park)
- Ice Rink (4475 West Road)
- County Municipal Building (1000 Central Avenue)
- North Mesa Ball Fields (North Mesa Road)
- Fire Station #2 (132 DP Road)
- Fire Station #3 (129 NM-4)
- Fire Station #4 (4401 Diamond Drive)
- Fire Station #6 (457 Los Alamos Avenue)