Next week, Secretary of State Maggie Toulouse Oliver will hold three public input hearings throughout the state on two draft rules concerning runoff elections and how ballot questions will appear on the ballot.
The hearings will be held at the following times and places:
First Hearing – Santa Fe
- When: Monday, July 29, 2019, 9:00am
- Where: State Capitol Room 322, 491 Old Santa Fe Trail, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501
Second Hearing – Albuquerque
- When: Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 9:00am
- Where: Vincent E. Griego Chambers, Albuquerque/Bernalillo County Government Center, 1 Civic Plaza NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102
Third Hearing – Las Cruces
- When: Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 1:00pm
- Where: Doña Ana County Commission Chambers, 1st Floor, Doña Ana County Government Center, 845 North Motel Boulevard, Las Cruces, NM
All New Mexicans are invited to participate in the public hearings and to provide official comment, and all hearings are open to the media. The deadline to submit written comments by mail, email or fax is 5:00pm on Sunday, July 28, 2019. Written comments may also be submitted in person at any of the three public hearings. All written public comment will be posted on the Secretary of State’s website throughout the written comment period.
The two new rules were mandated by the passage of House Bill 407 during the 2019 New Mexico Legislative Session. Click here to view the draft rules and find more information about the public input process, including how to submit comments.