Nathan Jacob Marquez/LAPD Photo
BY MAIRE O’NEILL
Note: This story may be disturbing to some readers.
Nathan Jacob Marquez, 38, of Los Alamos was arrested Thursday by Los Alamos Police Department on multiple counts involving alleged sexual crimes against three minor females.
The charges on the criminal complaint filed Thursday in Los Alamos Magistrate Court are as follows:
- 3 counts of criminal sexual penetration in the first degree (great bodily harm/great mental anguish);
- 7 counts of criminal sexual contact with a minor, 2nd degree (child under 13)(unclothed);
- 3 counts of assault with intent to commit a violent felony (household member), 3rd degree felony
- 1 count of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, 4th degree felony;
- 3 counts of criminal sexual contact, misdemeanor;
- 3 counts of enticement of a child, misdemeanor
Deputy District Attorney Kent Wahlquist has filed an expedited motion for pre-trial detention with First Judicial District Chief Judge Mary Marlowe Sommer citing the weight of evidence in the case, the allegation that the crimes occurred over several years and that there are allegedly multiple victims. No date has been set for a hearing on the motion but it is expected to be set for early next week.