After the wind storm last week many residents have been left with broken tree branches. Los Alamos County Environmental Services is offering a complimentary collection service to help collect broken tree branches and brush debris from affected residents. If you experienced hardship due to the wind storm and would like to request a complimentary pick up contact Environmental Services at 662-8163 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The special complimentary brush collection will begin March 27th and end on April 10th.
- Registration is required. Collections will not be made without an appointment to set up a scheduled day for collection.
- Fee: $0
- Normal household trash will not be removed.
- Set out bulky items no later than 8:00 a.m. on your scheduled day.
- Place bulky item piles within four (4) feet of the curb. Do not block side walk.
- Do not place brush material in front of parked cars, near fences, trees, mailboxes, beneath overhead wires, low-hanging tree limbs, or on top of water meters.
- Do not place items curbside prior to 48 hours before the scheduled day.
- Keep large bulky limbs and logs separate from smaller brush material. This will help us process the material more easily.
Alternative Disposal Options:
- Bring your materials to the Eco Station – each resident with trash service has 12 free loads annually.
- Rent a roll-off container for construction and demolition projects, call the Eco Station 662-8163.