Images Courtesy IAFF
Los Alamos Firefighters Association, IAFF Local 3279 is asking if you have what it takes to join the elite team at the Los Alamos Fire Department. If so, LAFD is accepting applications for fire cadets.
Starting pay $14.76 per hour, $15.09 upon shift assignment.
Incentive pay available upon completion of the academy with proper certification, maximum of two incentives,
Paramedic $3.69 per hour
EMT Intermediate $1.46 per hour
Hazmat Technician $1.46 per hour
Technical Rescue $1.46 per hour
Fire Investigators $1.46 per hour
For more information, visit https://munis-selfservice.losalamosnm.us/…/emp…/default.aspx
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be eighteen years of age.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must possess, or ability to obtain within first thirty days of employment, and maintain a valid New Mexico CDL-E driver’s license.
- Must promote to Firefighter I by the end of the probationary period
- Must possess, or ability to obtain within probationary period, and maintain an EMT (B, I or P) license that qualifies for New Mexico Administrative Code 27.2 Certification and Licensing requirements, and maintain positive Medical Direction status. If non-New Mexico EMT, including Paramedic license, must pass New Mexico State licensing examination and achieve positive Medical Direction status before end of probationary period.
- Must obtain ICS 100, 200, 700, 800B and 804 certifications or equivalents by the end of probation.
- Must possess, or must make application for a DOE Q clearance within thirty days of employment with ability to obtain, and maintain a DOE Q clearance and is subject to additional federal background investigation. Prior to issuance of the Q clearance, must be eligible at all times to be escorted into secured areas until such time as the initial investigation period has expired and a Q clearance is issued. Subsequently, should Q access authorization be under review, but not suspended or revoked, and employee remains eligible to be escorted into a secured area, a reasonable time for reinstatement shall be allowed.
- Successful passing of the LAFD examination related directly to the job duties by receiving satisfactory scores on an assessment of their abilities.
- Successful completion of an examination by a licensed physician and be free of any physical condition as listed in the LAFD Medical Standards per NFPA 1582.
- Be free of any mental or emotional condition, which might adversely affect performance. May be required to be examined by a licensed psychologist or psychiatrist.
- Successful completion of the physical agility standard requirements of the LAFD and annually thereafter.
- Successful completion of mandatory drug screening and subsequent random drug screenings.
- Successful completion of the background investigation, including FBI fingerprint check.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony or other crime involving moral turpitude.
- Associate’s Degree in Fire Science or related field. Degree must be from a regionally accredited university/college.
- Current DOE Q Clearance.
- Current Paramedic Certificate or License.