Los Alamos Woman Charged With Stalking Former Co-Worker



Anne Shirey, 46, of Los Alamos has been charged with stalking a former co-worker at Barranca Mesa Elementary School and the alleged victim has asked the First Judicial District Judicial District Court for a temporary restraining order against her. Judge Jason C. Lidyard has set a hearing for Wednesday, Sept. 26.

The statement of probable cause filed in Los Alamos Magistrate Court by Los Alamos Police Sgt. Chris Ross states that on Aug. 22 he was notified that the school had called 911 regarding an ongoing harassment/stalking issue from earlier in the year.

The statement says principal Gina Terrazas informed him that Shirey showed up at the school while the alleged victim was picking up her children from an after-school program. It says the alleged victim told him she was sitting in her vehicle when she noticed Shirey in her passenger window and that Shirey looked angry.

The report states that the alleged victim exited her vehicle and Shirey walked to the front of the vehicle on the driver’s side where Shirey spoke to her. It says the alleged victim told Ross she was afraid Shirey was going to attack her. Shirey reportedly left the scene shortly thereafter.

Ross’s report indicates he had been asked for advice by the alleged victim in April on the situation with Shirey who she said was harassing her at work and over text messages. It states Terrazas told him Shirey has been on an extended leave of absence since May.

“At this time I am summoning Mrs. Anne Shirey for stalking because of the pattern of behavior that has existed over the past four months and the failure to adhere to the two different requests to leave her alone and the fact that (the victim) was afraid for her well-being on the Aug. 22 confrontation,” the statement of probable cause concludes.

Shirey waived her arraignment and her attorney Elizabeth K. Allen entered a not guilty plea on her behalf. A pre-trial hearing has been set for Oct. 12 in Magistrate Court. Allen declined to comment on the case Monday morning when contacted by The Los Alamos Reporter.